SUPPORT YOUR HIGH STREET AND LOCAL BUSINESSES AND BECOME A MEMBER OF THE HYTHE BUSINESS & TOURISM ASSOCIATION ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION STILL ONLY £60 – no increase since 2003
What is the Hythe Business & Tourism Association (HBTA)?
Formerly the Chamber of Commerce HBTA is a not-for-profit organisation whose main objectives are:
- To represent the interests of the business community in local and district affairs
- Increase footfall in the High Street and other shopping areas
- Promote the interests of all local businesses & traders
- Promote Hythe as a visitor destination of choice.
HBTA is managed by a voluntary executive committee which includes representatives of retailers, professional services, tourism-related businesses, community organisations and Hythe Town Council. How does HBTA fulfil these functions?
By various means including:
- Publishing the Hythe Visitor Guide which includes ‘Where to Stay’ and ‘Where to Eat’ sections. Distribution: Hythe, elsewhere in Kent, Sussex and London area. H.B.T.A members can advertise in this publication at a reduced rate.
- Our website hytheguide.co.uk provides a page in the business directory, links to local, district and county websites and provides local search links for members, who also get a secondary page in the business directory and extra internet benefits.
- Organising the festive lighting , the Christmas trees that are put up in the High street,which are funded by the HBTA, No members.no trees! And the popular late night shopping event.
- Facilitating many of the events that are organised for the high street, including ‘Hulaballoo’, the treasure hunt and apple pressing. The summer flags, and bunting.
- Press and public relations activities to promote Hythe as a shopping centre, short break, day-out and leisure destination
- Working with Hythe attractions, accommodation providers and the Discover Folkestone, Hythe & Romney Marsh tourism marketing organisation.
- H.D.R have kindly offered a free advertising space for all members to put up a laminated flyer/poster about their businesses.
- Supporting the organisers of Hythe in Bloom, Hythe Festival Week, Hythe Venetian Fete and other events. Members receive a discount on hanging baskets supplied by the Garden Shop
- For big events, i.e Venetian Fete, members have priority for pitches, and insurance is included.
- Opportunity to attend meetings, share ideas, work with sub committees to share the load and make your ideas happen.
Remember this is your town with your membership you can help to make the difference